Jitendra Singh is a leading authority on business practices and opportunities in the developing nations of Asia. One of his most exciting discoveries is to show that, with the rise of globalization, overseas companies are finding new, different, and dynamic ways to grow and prosper.
No longer is the American way the only way of doing business
New markets require new business practices, and Jitendra Singh is showing American business people exactly what they can learn from the rest of the world.
He has found, for example, that the best and most successful companies in India invest heavily in their people and empower them, and they place less emphasis on the drive for shareholder value in favor of social and community goals. As remarkable as it may seem to US businesses, these priorities are driving top performance and remarkable growth.
Dr. Singh’s work is also providing companies with insights into such difficult challenges as how to do offshore outsourcing successfully and profitably, and how to penetrate markets in India and throughout Asia.
He is the author of numerous books and papers on business in emerging markets, including:
The India Way: How India’s Top Business Leaders Are Revolutionizing Management
"India's top companies are scoring remarkable successes… How? Instead of adopting management practices that dominate Western businesses, they're applying fresh practices of their own in strategy, leadership, talent, and organizational culture.
…The authors identify what Indian managers do differently, including:
- Looking beyond stockholders' interests to public mission and national purpose
- Drawing on improvisation, adaptation, and resilience to overcome endless hurdles
- Identifying products and services of compelling value to customers
- Investing in talent and building a stirring culture
With its in-depth analysis and research, The India Way offers valuable insights for all managers seeking to strengthen their organization's performance." (Amazon.com review)
Emerging Multinationals in Emerging Markets
"Just as every person discovers his own path in life, so too with companies and countries. This is a fascinating book that comments on the multiple pathways adopted by emerging countries in their quest for globalization. An exhilarating read, a wondrous experience."
— R. Gopalakrishnan, Executive Director, TATA Sons Ltd
"… an outstanding contribution to understanding the new configuration of world markets and its new competitive structure… For managers and business practitioners, the book offers valuable tips on how to shape the new international order."
— Henrique Rzezinski, Chairman, Brazil-US Business Council
Articulate, dynamic, insightful and provocative on the possibilities of Asia, India, and China, Jitendra Singh can be counted on to teach his audiences new and lasting lessons for benefiting in the global economy.
- Michael Jebsen Professor of Business and Dean, School of Business and Management, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in Hong Kong
- Saul P. Steinberg Professor of Management, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Member, Board of Directors: SPRING, Singapore
- Vice Dean for International Academic Affairs
- Board Member: Infosys Technologies, Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- Dean and Shaw Foundation Chair Professor of Strategy, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Director, Emerging Economies Program, Wharton School
- MA and PhD, Stanford University
- MBA, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- BS, Lucknow University, India